Norton Ghost 9.0

TIMBO22 22:20 06 Jul 05

Trying to copy old hard drive onto new with Ghost 9. Get error message:
'The drive did not complete successfully.
Cannot copy source drive to destination location. Error EBAB0003. This feature is not yet implemented (OxEBAB003)'

Anyone any ideas what is causing this and how to
overcome it?

GaT7 19:52 20 Jul 05

Have you tried turning off DEP, or turning it off only for Ghost click here. An idea taken from click here - a different error message, but definitely worth a go.

I've been doing a little research about Ghost 9.0 & True Image 8.0 before purchasing, when I came across your problem.

From what I've gathered so far, True Image 8.0 seems the better option. A few reviews click here, click here. And some recommendations on this Forum click here.

So if the above doesn't work there's another option of trying True Image 8.0. 15-day trial can be had from click here (trial limitations click here).

As it costs £30 at their website click here, a cheaper full version can be had from Amazon click here or Ebuyer click here. If you're an Ebayer try there Ebay click here. Hope this helps. G

TIMBO22 11:25 21 Jul 05

Thanks - tried your suggestion and I thought we were on a winner!!!. The original error was occuring after about 13 seconds, which came and went after making the changes, but a new error popped up after 50 secs ' "E926001F File cluster chain length does not match file size requirements" so I've decided to give your Plan B a go and am downloading True Image as I type now. Once again thanks for the guidance
Regards T

GaT7 19:29 21 Jul 05

There may be some corruption/bad sectors on your hard drive, so run Chkdsk with the /f & /r switches. (If you need it, some info on how to use Chkdsk click here or click here.)

ALSO, defragment your hard drive before giving it another go. Disc-imaging programs are usually quite sensitive to these things.

I've used Ghost many times (in Win98se), but since it's an older version it won't run in WinXP which I've recently moved to. So it's on to True Image 8.0 for me. Hope you're able to sort your problem with Ghost, or True Image proves a better alternative. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…