Norton ghost

drmb 13:48 11 Jan 06

I've got a new pc from Cube 247...I've tried to use norton ghost to back up my pc, however i'm unable to boot from the norton cd, i get a blue error screen when i do...i can use the same norton cd to boot from my laptop, so its not the cd...cube say they can't promise their machines will be compatible with all software, this seems like a standard piece of software though, any body help as to why it's not working? what to do?

PaulB2005 13:49 11 Jan 06

What does the Blue Screen say?

drmb 14:00 11 Jan 06

from memory something like error...restart your machine if you see this screen again check for new hardware or software,...this occurs though on a fresh windows with nothing other than the manufacturers stuff on there.

PaulB2005 14:05 11 Jan 06

We'll need the full error to know exactly what happened.

Think of it like taking a car to the garage and saying "Yeah, something at the back went pop. Then some stuff fell out. What wrong with it?"

drmb 16:26 11 Jan 06

I'm trying to remember the exact message, I may have writen it down! but will need to search when I get home tonight...all i can recall was a page long message sugesting to unistall any recent hardware or software if the you were'nt seeing this message for the first time...I'll try and find the exact words...

cycoze 17:14 11 Jan 06

If you have made this Cd for another system it is possible you dont have all the drivers on it, ie a Recovery disc made for a machine which had IDE hard drive wont contain drivers for SATA drives, just a thought.

Would suggest after installing Ghost on the machine you make a new Boot CD for it.

drmb 17:31 11 Jan 06

This cd was the norton ghost original cd not one I had made, as I understand it if you cannot recover your system at all due to a catastrophic problem you boot the computer up using this cd to get into a recovery environment...I was just testing the system as recomended by norton to make sure it would boot from the cd, and it didn't!??

VoG II 17:39 11 Jan 06

Make sure it is set to boot from the CD click here

Graham ® 17:39 11 Jan 06

Can you confirm you have installed Ghost on the machine in question? And can you start the program?

Graham ® 17:43 11 Jan 06

I was just going to say that!

drmb 17:53 11 Jan 06

Yes!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5