Norton Ghost 2003 Boot CD?

PC_Qs 12:15 21 Jan 09

Is it possible to create a bootable disk to CD and not Floppy disk?

I have Norton Ghost 2003. under the ghost utlilities i am trying to create a bootable disk from the norton Ghost boot wizard. i have followed the instructions to the end when it ask me for the destination drive. It will not let me select the CD drive and i do not have a floppy drive.

I want to do this to make a Boot CD with Firewire and USB support for my Ghost. I don't have a Floppy on my laptop so a boot disk is no good to me. Is there a way to create a CD and not floppy?

PO79 12:32 21 Jan 09

A workaround for this type of problem I have seen in other forums is to go into BIOS at start up and disable the floppy disk. This can(should) allow you to select another drive (CD\USB Flash) to create the boot disk. I have never tried it as I never buy a new PC without A Floppy Drive. Another solution is to buy a USB Floppy Drive.

PC_Qs 13:27 21 Jan 09

Hi,

I have just gone into BIOS and disabled floppy drive. It is still the same.

The log keeps pointing to the floppy drive as the destination. Please see the log below. I have enabled CD drive in the option of Norton 2003

Client Details:

Client: Norton Ghost

Destination: Floppy Drive A:(Two disk set)

Configuration Files:

AUTOEXEC.BAT:

@echo off

SET TZ=GHO+00:00

Pamy 15:05 21 Jan 09

Are you sure that the Norton Ghost 2003 CD will not boot up?

You have started this thread without keeping us informed in your firt one

PC_Qs 09:36 26 Jan 09

Hi Pamy,

I cam see you are very helpful with all ur reply. Thank you. I have double checked and the norton CD cannot boot in DOS. I have insert the CD and restarted the PC. In BIOS i select boot from CD-ROM as the first option. This does nothing and widnows boots first.

I am now trying to create a bootable CD so i can access the image created from BIOS in case windows gets damaged and no longer boot in windows. I will be storing the images on my external HDD.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac