Norton Ghost 2002 ignores SPAN option

cga 14:29 13 Jul 04

I am using Ghost 2002 (that came with Systemworks Pro 2002). Trying to create an image of a 7Gb NTFS partition to a Large FAT32 partition.
I have set the SPAN and AUTO switches in the options panel aqnd accepted. Gone back there to check they are set - Ok. Start my image file creation and it work fine until it says no room on target drive (constantly looping).
On checking - it has create a 2Gb approx file when it stops. A corporate colleague using 7.5 has no problems with a similar setup and I have checked that I am doing exactly the same. I have checked for downloadable fixes and found none. Any suggestions??

cga 10:19 15 Jul 04

I will try one more post of this in case anyone who missed it the first time has any suggestions. If not then I guess I have to trust my money and go for an upgrade to the latest version and hope that it works. Does anyone have any thoughts on Norton Ghost v competitors for primary partition backup/restore/clone?

cga 21:57 16 Jul 04

I will try this one more time when different people are around in the evening in case anyone can offer any suggestions

pc moron 22:21 16 Jul 04

Here's some info click here

cga 22:26 16 Jul 04

Thanks very much - I thought I checked the symantec site but, obviously, not very well. I will try out the additional steps suggested and report back (may be a while).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…