norton ghost

sirduke 22:48 07 Jan 05

i have a emachines computer with windows xp home preinstalled,the recovery disk that i have is a norton ghost install, i have the coa key for windows..what i would like to know is if i can save windows xp to disk and install it to a new computer without the ghost, if any one could help or advise i would be most grateful

TomJerry 23:00 07 Jan 05

firsty, it is illegal to install XP on another machine

secondly, even if you have CD, XP needs activation after instaltion, which is a process you need to talk to MS. You will find they are not going to activate the same XP twice.

Thirdly, technically it is not difficult to do it (a) make hidden partition visable (active) and get i386 directory or you can use norton ghost to extract i386 directory from image (b) build XP CD from i386 directory, there are many ways to do it, but the easiest is to use AutoStreamer (a program developed by PCA forum member Powerless) to generate a SP2 incorporated CD.

have fun.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…