NORTON GHOST 10

blackpat 10:05 07 Oct 06

Hi all, I recently installed Norton ghost 10 on my new computer. I have backed up the full c drive to a 80 gb external drive. I have the recovery point disk file set to once a month and it backs up the c drive twice a week.What I want to know is, when the twice weekly back ups are stored on my external drive, can I delete some of them and keep the recent back ups or do I need to keep them all? Thanks for any advice you can give me.
Blackpat.

sean-278262 10:37 07 Oct 06

Keeping them or deleting them is up to you. Most people would keep at least 10% free for performance in the back up drive. I myself would keep at least 2 backups and if I had the space the first one also as a reference point. However it is up to you how many you keep but a minimum of 2 is advised. If the first one is corrupt when you come to need it then you are still in the same boat as if you had never purchased the hard drive.

blackpat 05:29 08 Oct 06

Many thanks Creature, I will follow your advice.
Blackpat

terryf 05:36 08 Oct 06

I would make sure that one of your backups is a good one without any problems and keep this as a reference, the problem I see with your continuing backups is that you may be backing up nasties (or are you only backing up data). I keep all data on D and have an image backup of c: which is only os and progs

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…