Norton Fury

rosie 09:10 12 Nov 06

I run Windows XP Home. A fortnight ago, I discovered I couldn't update my Anti-Virus online and so I sent to PC World for Norton Internet Security (as I don't live in a large town.) This installed without hitch, as did Save and Restore, which is supposed to be an improvement on Norton Ghost. However, yesterday morning there was a red X on my Norton icon, and an error message saying I should Fix a problem, ie. Auto Protect, which wouldn't work. This proved not possible, and so I uninstalled Norton Internet Security, plus Save and Restore (which was necessary to do the former) and then reinstalled. All works fine now. What I need to know is - is this likely to be a regular occurance, as there was no special reason why it happened in the first place? I spent a whole morning just to get back to how things had been when I switched off the evening before.

Probabilitydrive 09:33 12 Nov 06

rosie,the judgement about Norton is still out there and you will find ardent defenders and opponents of norton products, it sometimes appears like a fight good against evil...

Speaking from experience,it unlikely that some unexpected occurance like you described takes place again.

i have no answer about the "why it happened".

If you ever need to unistall a Norton product-Norton has its own unistall programme: click here
which you need to follow to the letter.

sunny staines 10:34 12 Nov 06

norton is not with out its faults about once a year it tends to throw some sort of tantrum which needs a reinstall then works ok.

I put up with this as I think it is an excellent programme. others get frustrated and move to other makes of antivirus protection some free some not.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac