Norton FIrewall - Limewire

Vito1 07:36 06 Oct 07

I am running Norton Internet Security 2007 and running Limewire.

Under program controls it allows Limewire to have inbound and outbound connection with my computer.

Does Norton Firewall with the default settings and the rule for custom rule for Limewire prevent users from seeing what is in my folder library.

Basically what I am saying is this:

When using Limewire I can browse a host using their IP address and see what files they have. Can someone browse me and see what files I have? Also, when using Limewire it shows downloading kilobytes but never any uploading.

Am I protected?

Sparkly 08:00 06 Oct 07

"Can someone browse me and see what files I have?"
It is a file shareing site and if you can see others they can see yours, you can go to
Tools>Options>Shareing> Untick Folder is fully shared or any other box that says shareing, But is this not what your supposed to do on a file shareing site, As to am i protected your Norton product should be fine but maybe someone could advise more on this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…