Norton firewall and internet security users

Thomo1 13:42 22 Nov 04

Im in a merry go round situation.

My NIS2005 suite keeps blocking attacks.

The main culprit is trojan horse attempts.

These 3 are atempted with the attacks.

Unused Service Block
Back Door Orifie 2000
Backdoor/Subseven

I only ever seem to get these ones.
They are automatically blocked but what i would like to know is how do i go about reporting them to there respective ISP?

I contact my ISP who tells me to contact there ISP who tell me to contact some1 else. 1 big circle with no results. (Using the WHOIS lookup)

What procedure should i take and is my system more open to attack than it should be cuz im sure i shouldnt be getting these attempted attacks 2 to 3 times a week!!!!

(Most frequent attacker always seems to link back to ENERGIS UK) if any1 knows anything about them!!!!)

I have Webroot Spay Sweeper, and NIS 2005 installed on my system.

GaT7 13:58 22 Nov 04

Most of these so-called 'attacks' are harmless & not intentional. When I get these alerts from time to time (using NIS2003), I just right-click the NIS icon & click on 'Clear Alert' (or similar) & continue as normal - it's just not worth getting worked-up about. If these intrusions are indeed harmful/intentional be glad your Internet security is doing it's job : ) G

VCR97 19:25 22 Nov 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…