Norton firewall with insure supermarket

grumpano 12:49 23 Feb 05

When i use Insure supermarket, eg : to look for motor ins, the search stops and will not continue because my firewall will not allow it.
The only to complete the search is to turn off my firewall, which i hate doing. Is there anyway to change the settings to allow the search but keep my computer safe?
Thanks in advance.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 13:03 23 Feb 05

Are you able to add the site as a trusted site in your firewall?

grumpano 16:51 23 Feb 05

not sure how to do this.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 17:00 23 Feb 05

Which firewall software do you have?

Completealias 17:02 23 Feb 05

Might b to do with browser protection norton has this and some sites rely on you b redirected from a page on there site the facility in norton stops this information from being sent you can't use the web page.

If you open norton firewall click on privacy control then configure select custom level and take the tick out of enable browser privacy. Worth a try and there is no major security risk involed I have turned it off and have had no problems

Technotiger 17:07 23 Feb 05

Hi, I am not familiar with Norton, never used it - but, if no one else comes up with the answer for you, then I would suggest that you download Zone Alarm then go off-line and while off-line disable Norton and install ZA, then go back on-line and even if you have never used ZA before you should find it pretty easy to use and to 'allow' Insure Supermarket - there is a short, easy to follow tutorial when you start ZA.

grumpano 17:47 23 Feb 05

Thank you will try the privesy control thingy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…