Norton firewall blocking web access

MIKE. 16:59 19 Mar 07

My neighbour is running Norton firewall. Two nights ago his wife had a warning while surfing her language school site. The warning was low level risk which Norton high lighted, Norton suggested to except and allow the language site to access their PC. As my neighbour is somewhat paranoid he decided to block access.He now cannot get onto the internet as Norton is blocking access. If I change the security level on Norton from Medium to low it will go on line. Does anyone have any ideas how to stop Norton from blocking web access while on medium security settings

Terry Brown 17:04 19 Mar 07

I assume you are using internet Explorer.
Go to Tools, Internet Options and click on the SAFE icon. You can then add the web address to the safe area, and it should be OK.
Terry

MIKE. 09:23 20 Mar 07

Hi Terry Brown I should have come back earlier to say thank you but I had to go out most of yesterday. The only thing I can't find is the safe icon.

birdface 11:22 20 Mar 07

If you find it let me know where it is,Can your neighbour not go back into the firewall or Anti-virus and change it back.Last resort would be to uninstall Norton,Run Norton Removal tool,Run C Cleaner,Then re-install Norton again.Like I said I would only do that as a last resort,I would wait and see if you get more response.

MIKE. 17:40 20 Mar 07

Thanks buteman its a strange one I put the firewall on low level or turn off the firewall completly its ok. When I turn it up to medium it blocks all outbound traffic out, I have tried looking the settings on my PC to compare and it looks the same as my neighbours. I went on Symantecs site for Q&A they suggested a few options. If that did'nt work they said uninstall the firewall and reload. The few run ins I have had with Norton to remove data did not fill me with confidence.

birdface 18:23 20 Mar 07

Hi Mike,A few years since I used Norton so not up to date with it,Is it part of Norton Internet Security,If not you could Delete it and run one of the free one's.Kerio or something like that,Jimmy 14 would probably give you the right information,But i have no idea when he comes on,

Terry Brown 21:11 20 Mar 07

Hi mike, Sorry about delay ,I have to work for a living and it gets in the way of pleasure.

Open Internet Explorer
On the top row -5th item Tools (open)
Bottom option (Internet Options)
Select Security
Select Trusted
Select Sites.

Add the address manually.
job Done
Terry

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…