Norton Firewall

pj123 15:50 22 Jun 03

I have had Norton Firewall on my PC for quite a while now, but I have never had an attack alert. How do I know whether it is working or not?? thanks.

GORAL 15:55 22 Jun 03

Check, within Norton System Works if the firewall is part of that programme, the Norton Firewall setting. If it is stated to be "Enabled" you can be assures it is working.

anniesboy68 16:11 22 Jun 03

What os are you using

pj123 16:51 22 Jun 03

My os is win98se. and yes it says "enabled" But I have had so many reports from others that they get at least 6 or 7 attacks a day???. I would just like to be assured that I am safe from attacks.

anniesboy68 18:48 22 Jun 03

Have you a small globe [like the world] in your taskbar right hand side. Not sure about 98 but if you have, right click and enable alert trackerThat will let you know if you are being attacked and Norton has stopped it. Yes you can get attacked several times a day. Keep me posted on this

pj123 17:40 23 Jun 03

Right clicking on that says: Norton Personal Firewall Enabled. But I still have never received an alert. I went to a website click here which checked my computer and reported that as far as the internet is concerned this computer does not exist. Is that good news?

pj123 17:43 23 Jun 03

Well I thought it was .grc.com but that doesn't seem to work anymore.

JoeC 18:05 23 Jun 03

click here

and tried the utilities there and found to be " invisible " on the net, I would not worry. I also have Norton Firewall and have only had one or two alerts in many months. : }

PSF 18:08 23 Jun 03

Go to the Symantec site... click here and you can do a security check to check your settings.

anniesboy68 20:27 23 Jun 03

PJ123...Have you enebled the alert tracker....[if you have it with 98 of course]

accord 20:47 23 Jun 03

"I went to a website click here which checked my computer and reported that as far as the internet is concerned this computer does not exist. Is that good news?"

this is good news as mine says that also.

i would recommend you go to click here and run their security checker.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…