Norton Firewall 2003 Help Please

Act of Kindness 08:39 11 May 03

System is XP, IE6SP1, connection is Broadband.

I had NAV (Norton Anti Virus) and NPF (Norton Personal Firewall) 2002 with absolute no issues. Carried out the occasional security scan via Symantec's web site and 100% safe.

I have now stupidly put on NAV and NPF 2003 and configured both the same as previous versions. However, now when I do a security scan I am showing an "At Risk" under Network Vulnerability with port 21 FTP showing as open with all others as "Stealth".

I have configured the Rules on TCP and UDP separately for inbound and outgoing to block Port 21 I also have all other settings I believe set correctly.

Can anyone within PCA Forum help to sort this issue.

I know I have more chance hitting 6 numbers in the lottery than getting hacked but it is more the annoyance of having a piece of software and it not working correctly..

Thank you in advance.

Act of Kindness 11:07 11 May 03

refresh

Dave Bowman 11:19 11 May 03

Try a scan from this excellent site to get some more details of the problem.

click here

Lozzy 09:19 12 May 03

To rectify this and close the port, click on Start>>My Network Places>>View Network Connections right click the icon then Properties highlight the last line TCP/IP properties then click the tab advanced then settings located at the bottom. Un-check FTP Server then click apply then ok. Close everything down and do an other security check and you will see that Network Vulnerability is now Safe.

Act of Kindness 09:24 12 May 03

Thnaks to everyone who has helped.

Lozzy that did the trick.. Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…