Norton Exclusion List

SABRE 09:25 22 Mar 04

Received a message in my Outlook Inbox this a.m. advising me of a returned mail, user unknown. It is not anyone that I have sent an e-mail to so I worry in case I have one of the newer viruses. I run Norton and it is kept fully up to date and states no viruses. However, I have found an exclusion list in its settings and it is excluding *.nch, *.dbx and \system volume information files. Is it by default set to this and will I do any harm removing them from the exclusion list?

I also know that a staff member did say to me that they had received a funny e-mail in my absence on my PC and had clicked on it. I found the e-mail and it was a zip file which they had clicked on. Norton is reporting no viruses but I have my suspicions. Any comments?

expertec 10:01 22 Mar 04

Remove those from the exclusion list, viruses often hide in the "system volume information"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…