Norton error messages

jaybee 17:48 12 Sep 04

My daughter in law, who is a doctor, asked me to sort out her laptop after she found it imossible to read her email. Working withe her ISP we discoverd a password mismatch and went on to clear out loads of dataminers, spyware etc. I have also installed Win XP service pack 2 but don't think the problem is related to this since it went very smoothly. All is now well except that Norton Internet Security 2004 professional repeatedly warns that programs are attempting to access the internet using 'unrecognised modules' and recommends that access is blocked. Always the attempt to connect is benign for example the error message appears when Norton is trying to update itself so access should be permitted not blocked.I can't find reference to these unrecognised modules in the online help or documentation. I can't handle this since I use other internet security software but I am sure notheing is wrong and it's all a matter of setting up correctly. Anyone know how I can get Norton to say which 'unrecognised modules' are the problem or alternatively how I can stop Norton blocking connection attempts that are the result of normal useage. At the moment I am merely over-ruling suggestions that connecttions be blocked. Sooner or later this will be a bad idea. Grateful for any ideas from you Norton experts with my apologies for not being able to find my way through what is a really sophisticated bit of software.

Jaybee

pc moron 20:33 12 Sep 04

Try this click here

jaybee 22:44 12 Sep 04

PC Moron, I'll give that a go and see what happens. I have considered this before but not knowing Norton I worried that this action would simply mean that incorrect blocking of approved connections would happen invisibly. We'll see but thanks for your thoughts.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…