Norton Disk Doctor problems

griffo 16:32 30 Dec 03

when running Norton System Works 2003 - tried to run Disk Doctor and keep having the following problems:-
In Partion Table - says 'Invalid Disk Table in Boot Record' - I say to fix it - it says 'fixing the DOS Boot Record' then 'Boot Record could not be repaired, unable to continue testing the rest of disk'.
If I say NO to fix - get same message in Boot Record - say NO to fix again, then in File Structure it says 'the FAT copies are not the same'. In Directory Structure it says 'lost clusters found - 1 lost cluster in 1 chain' summary says Lost Chains do you want to save? - say YES - it says saved, then goes back to the start again - same process endlessly!!! HELP please??

I abandoned Norton just last week simimlar problem & listening to friends who have tried Norton same stories emerge until It becomes a pain to try to sort out when there are other firewall/virus/pop up stoppers/mail sorters on the market like AVG free or Zone alarm (not free) only for testing which are so easy to install & use . It makes one wonder why Norton have made life difficult for surfers
Sorry I cannot help I uninstalled Norton & went else where

Please read norton antivirus software on a home network latest threads

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…