Norton Disk Doctor 2005

Creative Accountant 20:56 30 Dec 04

In trying to use this I get a message telling me : "Norton Disk Doctor is unable to obtain the physical disk characteristics of hard disk "x" and is unable to test the partition information on the drive".

It does this for each drive I have (internal/external).

Is there a workaround for this, or should I dump Norton & try another program?

TIA

Paul

CHAIRLEG 22:57 30 Dec 04

Does it ask if you would like to schedule a repair if it does click yes and it will run the next time you boot up hopefully.Just noticed you have 2005 i have 2003 but worth a try.

woodchip 23:01 30 Dec 04

It depends on what version of Disc Doctor and What File system are, if you get it wrong you will have unworkable PC

woodchip 23:03 30 Dec 04

If as it say's in the Thread title 2005 it should work with any

ACOLYTE 23:07 30 Dec 04

There may be a program on the Hard disk makers site that will check the disk,most have them.

woodchip 23:11 30 Dec 04

The Disc may have Drive Overlay software on it, if so Norton will not read it as it is propriety software to overcome BIOS that does not recognize big disc's but a lot use it just to setup a disc for ease

GaT7 23:16 30 Dec 04

Just did a search for you on the Symantec knowledgebase (click here) & these relate to your problem click here (NSW2003 is mentioned but probably relates to your problem) & click here. HTH, G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…