Norton DisK Doctor

Gugs 22:36 30 Aug 04

98SE. I have been using the disk check/repair section of the above prog. for some time without problems. Now although my internal HDD continues to take around 10/11 hours to complete my external HDD needs 26 hours (repeat 26) to complete programme, with no faults found. Both HDDs 40G : 7,200 Any ideas please?. Thanks.

smokingbeagle 22:39 30 Aug 04

Thats all.
:-]
Grin and bear it.

smokingbeagle 22:40 30 Aug 04

Thats all.
:-]
Grin and bear it.

woodchip 22:44 30 Aug 04

You could check them in DOS, Like this put a Floppy in the comp, in Explorer C:\Program Files\Norton Utilities\ copy Ndd.exe to the floppy disc. Now go to Start Shut down to DOS with the floppy disc still in the comp. It will be C:\WINDOWS> now type A: and press enter then type Ndd.exe press enter and run

VoG II 22:45 30 Aug 04

This IS a joke? These times are nonsensical.

Try Diskeeper Lite - I'm pretty sure it checks your drives as well click here

smokingbeagle 22:50 30 Aug 04

I think Gugs is talking about the surface write test. 10 hours is a bit excessive. I don't think the USB disk would work in DOS?

Gugs 23:22 30 Aug 04

No, VoG, no joke (except possibly on me) Diskeeper Lite, which I have and I have set to run 'on screensaver' checks fragmentation not condition of disc surface. I'll try Woodchips suggestion. Thanks all. Regards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…