Norton - Critical Error

iced_ms 00:32 11 Jul 03

Hi folks

I have been trying to perform a virus scan with Norton. It stops and the error message that says
Virus scan failed due to critical error

This always happens when it is scanning the
Temp Internet Files folder

I have tried deleting everything in there but there is one folder that wont let me delete it. I get the message
the Filename invalid or too long

The kids have been downloaded off grokster..... probably where is stems from - Any ideas?

:)

Tog 07:16 11 Jul 03

What OS are you using?

"The kids have been downloaded off grokster..." Cant you send them back and ask for a replacement then?

Seriousely, if the filename is too long can you try to rename it and then delete it? Alternatively, try holding the shift key down when you delete as this will avoid sending to the recycle bin and permanently delete straight away.

expertec 09:11 11 Jul 03

Have you looked at click here

expertec 09:13 11 Jul 03

running ScanDisk might fix the problem with the file name being invalid or too long

iced_ms 12:40 11 Jul 03

I ran scandisk and it seems to have sorted the problem.

Smiffy99.....oh please do you think they would take them back and give me replacements that are a little less trouble....doubt it. :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…