Norton correct invalid partition.

Catastrophe 11:52 06 Jan 05

On drives 2 (D, E, F and G) and 3 (H, I, J and K) Disk Doctor gives the message:

Error in hard disk 2 (3)- An extended partition is invalid. Do you wish to correct the problem? Yes No Cancel

If I now select 'cancel' in both cases and allow the DD to run all come out OK (skipped surface test).

Is this anything to worry about? Should I just ignore it or select Yes when I suspect all the drive contents will disappear (from a previous experience).

Partition Magic shows:

Unallocated 7.8 MB
Extended 131061.5
Used 131061.5
Unused 0.0 on primary.
DEFG logical

Unallocated 7.8 MB (yes, same as 2.)
Extended 78520.8
Unused 78520.8
Unused 0.0 on primary
HIJK logical.

Comments gratefully received. Thank you,

mattyc_92 12:21 06 Jan 05

To start off with, Windows tried to keep 7.8 megs from your drive "free" for it's own "Partitioning Tools"...

Second... The skipping thing normally happens when there are files in use and it normally asks you if you wish to scan the next to you boot up windows!!!

This shouldn't be anything to worry about, but you could click Yes, but remember to backup ALL the files and folders that are on the drives before hand, just incase it "screws" up the partitions!!!!

I hope this helps!!!

Catastrophe 12:34 06 Jan 05

mattyc_92

Thanks for your comments. If only one disk were involved I would simply back up to the second and hit 'yes'. The C: is not large enough and I have backed up 3 to 2 but if no problem I don't mind leaving it and just DD after selecting 'no'.

The skip bit I meant I opted not to run the disk surface test.

:)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…