Norton contract update

golfpro 07:20 01 Jul 03

I have Norton System Works 2002 which I purchased new from my local computer shop 18 months ago, this morning when I swiched on my computer I got a message from Symantec (not an Email) but one on the screen saying that my virus defenitions contract had 30 days to run and I must update this soon. Can this be right, and has anyone els had this message in the last few days. I clicked the "remind me later" box. Can I view this update/contract info somewhere??

TECHNODIMWIT 07:34 01 Jul 03

i thought it was 12 months not 18 before norton requires you to subscribe for av updates.

have you also checked the date your pc is set at, as this might be wrong and throwing a spanner in the works.

i could be wrong, if so some one will put you right

golfpro 07:42 01 Jul 03

If this is right, will my antivirus program be updated to the 2003 status if so would it be better to buy the update softwear from the shop, or will that be out of date.

TECHNODIMWIT 07:51 01 Jul 03

theres no need to upgrade, the subscription just lets you keep recieving updates.

Sapins 07:56 01 Jul 03

If you open Norton System Works and click on Norton Antivirus in the left hand menu you can see on the right hand side the last time your virus definitions were updated and also the expiry date for your subscription. as TECHNODIMWIT says the clock will affect things if it is not correctly set, a while ago mine was set to 2009 for some unknown reason and my subscription service had 8 years to run!! I was tempted to leave it there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…