Norton AV/Internet Sec2002 won't let XP boot!

ukzz4iroc 09:44 13 Apr 05

Strange one this. Checked for live updates last night was told there were none available. Downloaded a tune. Logged off and all was fine.

Tried to boot up this morning and everythinh booted fine but the last bit of loading (usb devices etc) caused the Hard drive to constant seek. I couldn't alt,cont, delete or anything. So I would have to reset.

On the 3rd attempt, I was told firewall is corrupt or something and same thing happened again.

On the 5th attempt I booted in safe mode- which took forever but did eventually let me in. I went into Norton and it looks to be in a bit of a state- autoprotect was off and a few other bits.

My question is- what should I do? Should I uninstall Norton from safe mode? Disable it?

What would have caused this?

I really appreciate your help- at the moment the computer is unusable and I want to the right thing the first time.

Yoda Knight 11:44 13 Apr 05

can you do a system restore ?

ukzz4iroc 12:13 13 Apr 05

Thing is I doubt Windows thinks there's a problem, so will probably have the same thing all over again. Is system restore reliable and easy? Just never down that before?

Thanks

Thing is I doubt Windows thinks there's a problem, so will probably have the same thing all over again. Is system restore reliable and easy? Just never down that before?

Thanks

Thanks

Yoda Knight 12:16 13 Apr 05

Easy enough - restore to a date prior to your problems

ukzz4iroc 12:40 13 Apr 05

Only thing is that I uploaded some photos of the kids and deleted them from my camera last night beofr e the file download.. Would prefer to keep those if possible?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…