Norton AV virus definitions

phil.smith 16:50 28 Feb 04

I have Norton AV 2004 I am trying to install the most recent virus definitions today but am getting a window telling me I cannot and the reference LU1806

This is the first time I haven't been able to just downlaod and install

I recently went to msconfig and unticked most of the startup items to try to speed up start up - could this be causing a problem?

I also have sygate personal firewall

Thanks

Phil

VoG II 16:52 28 Feb 04

click here may help

Paranoid Android 16:56 28 Feb 04

Try re-enabling ccApp and ccRegVfy in msconfig.

Restart. Then click here

Marvin

Paranoid Android 16:57 28 Feb 04

SNAP

christmascracker 17:32 28 Feb 04

Funny you should say that, happened to me this morning but with a different LU number.

After trying for the fourth time it worked ok

phil.smith 09:05 01 Mar 04

I have tried all the above over the weekend even disabling Sygate but to no avail i still cannot install the definitions due to "internal authentication" problem

Any other thoughts please?

Phil

phil.smith 09:10 01 Mar 04

I couldn't find ccregvfy in msconfig but ccapp was already enabled

I have enabled all again and tried again but still no good

Phil

sherlock 49 06:27 02 Mar 04

had the same problem,turns out to be nortons error 6004,I tried all their recommended solutions to solve the download on saturday.Come sunday I tried again and low and behold there was approx 3.5 Kb of code added to the av d\l,now ok and have just d\l 2 more files from them.I thought it was my systems problem but now with these postings it shows up as a faulty code d\l from symantec.YOU JUST LUV EM DONT YOU.

phil.smith 09:10 02 Mar 04

I have downloaded the definitions from another computer onto a flash drive and then installed on my computer at home

Seems to have worked OK

Thanks to all

Phil

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…