Norton AV problem.

Derek 20:11 16 Jan 05

Win XP pro. Norton System Works 2003 which includes AV.
Email protection switched off - but not by me.
I turn it back on but it will not stay on (protected).

Can someone advise please.

Hairy Yeti 20:20 16 Jan 05

Are you on dialup or BB?

superspark 20:48 16 Jan 05

Does anyone know when ntl are going to increase their broadband speeds as advertised in the press in November ?

Derek 06:12 17 Jan 05

I'm NTL Broadband

AdvisorAl 09:39 17 Jan 05

Hi Derek I had the same problem sometime ago with Norton AV 2003 never did get it sorted I went to the Norton site were I found lots of info about similar problems along with there fixes it seemed you have to go into the Registry file and alter some text there which seemed a bit iffy to me , I was about due to reformat my PC so I took that option started of a fresh with another 12months on my Norton , sorry cant be any more help but please take a look at Norton’s Site click here …..Regards Alan

Derek 07:46 18 Jan 05

I uninstalled just the AV and reinstalled and it works Ok but, on Live update it cuts out one of the downloads and eventually states in the support forums that my Norton System Works 2003 is not now supported and advise me to update to 2005 version.
I suppose I will in time but not just after Christmas !!

AdvisorAl 10:06 18 Jan 05

Hi Derek glad to hear your sortted. The only update that will not complete on my PC is SYMANTEC COMMON CLIENT UPDATE dont know why but a few of my freinds say it doesnot complete on there PCs. I have just done a live update
Live Reg - Nortoninternet Security Updates & Symantec Common Client Updates all down loaded ok except the SYMANTEC COMMON CLIENT UPDATES which was no surprise. But no mention of no support for 2003 which I reinstalled in Dec 2004....Alan

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5