Norton AV and Kaspersky AV crashing XP

rbrtsmrvll6 19:11 20 May 04

A woman at my work came to me with a problem. She had Norton antivirus running and working and then she installed Kaspersky antivirus. Now the computer crashes withinn seconds of starting. She thinks that the two antivirus programs are interfering with each other. The PC does not run long enough for her to through either program away. She is running XP.

Any ideas anybody?

I work with Macs all day so I am afraid that I am just floundering in the dark.

powerless 19:14 20 May 04

She is correct 2 AVs = Whoops.

When she starts the computer press f8 and choose safe mode. Delete one AV and keep the other.

Gaz 25 19:19 20 May 04

Fraid, as Powerless says.

You SHOULD NEVER install two antivirus programs, since both programs try to scan the file at the same time causing conflicts and read problems.

rbrtsmrvll6 21:02 20 May 04

Thanks to both of you. I'll pass on your advice tomorrow and I am sure that it will work out.
I tried starting in Safe mode on my PC at home and it all seems quite straitforward. I could have used Add/Remove to trash any programs on my PC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…