Norton AV 2003 & Outlook Express

Kegsy 20:53 23 Oct 03

I recently installed Norton AV 2003. Previously when I composed a message in OE and clicked "send", the message would go in my outbox until I clicked on "send/receive" when it would get sent. (I'm on dial-up by the way). But now when I click "send", a little Norton box pops up to say it is scanning the sent message, and the message disappears from the outbox into the "sent items" folder, even though it hasn't been sent. how can I rectify this?

bremner 20:55 23 Oct 03

Tools>options>Send and check the ticks

Kegsy 21:05 23 Oct 03

Everything is ticked there

powerless 21:08 23 Oct 03

So your problem is that the message gets put in the SENT FOLDER but the email does not get sent.

How do you know this?

Kegsy 21:12 23 Oct 03

I've tried sending them to myself. Sent one yesterday, still not arrived

Kegsy 21:27 23 Oct 03

If I compose the message before going online it will stay in my outbox until I connect up, then it will appear to get sent (moves to "sent items") but does not go. If however I click "send/receive", then connect, the messsage will go, ie. it gets sent before the litle Norton scan message pops up

tutter 21:31 23 Oct 03

i have norton, and use outlook express, when i send a message, it goes into my outbox(1), then scans and sends it, it goes from the outbox into my sent items
maybe try,tools, options,send,see ticks there, save copy of sent messages in sent items box and send messages immediatley

Kegsy 21:39 23 Oct 03

yes, I've just unticked "send messages immediately" and I think thats solved it. Thanks everyone

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…