Norton AV 2003 LiveUpdate not automatic

Grendel 19:09 01 Sep 05

I have discovered by chance that despite having all the appropriate options enabled, LiveUpdate does not automatically download updates to the virus definitions. [I do wish that fora such as this had the ability to post screenshots - they say 1000 words of evidence]. On the System Status screen, clicking on Virus Definitions brings up a message that they are up to date. But clicking the LiveUpdate icon (out of curiosity as I don't see the automatic update icon in the system tray as often as I used to with this and the earlier version) finds new definitions, typically around 1.5Mb worth, to be downloaded. The 18 catalog files are always reported as up to date so it's just virus definitions which don't update automatically. I can't submit this to Norton online as it won't accept support for NAV 2003 as it is discontinued. My current updates subscription however is valid until June 2006. Any ideas?

Carpigiani 19:36 01 Sep 05

This might help click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…