Norton AV 2003 Live update q

Grambo 19:22 08 Jan 04

I am using the above AV and regularly update. Today i was presented with a 'LiveReg' download of 3700 kb. If this is for, lets say, AV 2004, wouldnt the company of contacted me first to see if i wanted to upgrade. And get payment.

jim1947 19:25 08 Jan 04

Its not an update to 2004. you have to pay for that. I have 2004 and downloaded the update. Its a programme update. Get it if you want or leave it there, it's your choice.

lucky1 20:30 08 Jan 04

See my post of yesterday/today on the same subject. If you do decide to download LiveReg it'll take ages on a dial up connection. It also disables Live Update which you have to enable manually afterwards. I have downloaded it and have NAV 2003. Nobody seems too sure what LiveReg actually does though!

powerless 20:59 08 Jan 04

You mean LiveUpdate?

"This will update LiveUpdate to 2.0. The update may not complete until you reboot your machine. After the update has completed, please read the README.TXT file located at \Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate for further information about this release."

shizzy 21:27 08 Jan 04

When updating it is called LiveReg, I did it yesterday and LiveUpdate connected automatically last night so mine wasn't disabled but the Norton firewall ask for permission to create automatic access. I have Norton Security 2002

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…