//some 3rd party need geo

Norton AV 2002 - subscripton/expiry date problem

TammyCat 17:20 29 Mar 04

In December I had to reformat my harddrive and reinstall NAV 2002. Due to the date I selected on reinstall, AV now shows expiry date 29/3 although I did renew annual in December.
I have sent emails to Symantec,got a response asking for various info re account id/order no which I sent but I have still not had a reply.
Today I have followed troubleshooting guidelines on Symantec and it seems to suggest that as 2002 is now out of date re latest virus updates I will need to upgrade to newer version. This would cost me around £22 to upg to NAV 2004.
Any advice/guidance as to the best thing to do would be welcome. If you advise me to upgrade do I just click on download version and its easy?

March Hare 17:36 29 Mar 04

AVG free. No problems over renewal subs.
click here
Very well liked on this forum.

GaT7 17:49 29 Mar 04

We've had the same problem with a few other Forum members.

£22 to upgrade is quite good I reckon.

IMHO, the best thing to do is to buy NAV 2003/2004 from eBay - click here. On eBay you can also get Norton SystemWorks Pro or Norton Internet Security for £10-15 both of which contain full versions of NAV apart from other useful utilities/firewalls/etc. Just enter their names in the eBay search window & press Search - click here. Only purchase versions 2003 or LATER & determine with the seller before buying that the disks are the genuine Symantec article (& not blank-faced copies).

click here for a review of freeware antivirus software including AVG.

March Hare 14:34 30 Mar 04

Be aware that a new feature in Norton System Works 2004 is Product Activation (what a good idea - thank you for that Mr Gates).

There have been reports that some users of Sys Wks 2004 have had their serial number repeatedly rejected when attempting to activate. Norton have produced a patch for this which sometimes doesn't work. In the meantime you're unprotected.

That's progress for you!

crx1600 14:45 30 Mar 04

my problem is slighty different, everytime i reinstall, i get a full 365 days worth of updates again, im still using NAV2001 :o)

if they ever sort that problem out, id go over to AVG free, rather than pay to keep Norton.

sattman 18:42 30 Mar 04

I have had similar problem on at least two occasions when I had to remove and reinstall Norton for some reason.

My programme is set to auto update definations. On each occasion on first ocasion to update it automatically updated the renewal period to correct date.

sattman 18:46 30 Mar 04

I should add only benifit in upgrading is that a few of the defination are on the software and therefore you dont spend as much time downloading if you have to reinstall.

Apart from that I can seen no benifit or need for additional expense of new version

wee eddie 20:50 30 Mar 04

If you think about it!

When you do a fresh install, effectively returning to the definitions available at manufacture, there are bound to be quite a few new definitions to add.

After-all, I have had about 3 downloads this week already.

Giggle n' Bits 21:04 30 Mar 04

here are some reliable sources I use for my business for emergencies and reasonable prices.
click here
click here

OU812 21:30 30 Mar 04

I have Norton Internet Security 2003 and was very pleased to find that on reinstalling like crx1600 (after doing a fresh install of Win XP pro) I had a year of free updates.

Having previously tried the upgrade path to NIS2004 which caused no end of problems with my PC (fortunately I got my money back from PC World) i'll be sticking with NIS2003 for the time being.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…