Norton Auto Protect Problem

J B 10:46 25 Mar 06

On initial boot up in the A/M NAV 2004 auto protect is disengaged and I have to reset to default levels before I can do anything. This has just started to happen in the last couple of days. I did a complete scan last evening with nothing found on the system, so I was wondering if there is anything else that would be causing this to happen on such a regular basis. This has been happening since I renewed my subscription. I know what you are going to say so please spare me the embarrasment for a start. If I decide to switch to another A/V program and bite the bullet what is the proper procedure for doing so. Any help would be appreciated, thanks. J.B.

J B 18:05 25 Mar 06

The embarrassment That I spoke of was someone telling me that I shouldn't have had Norton installed in the first place lol. I shall do some further research into the problem that I am having at present and get it resolved that way, because in this case I think that is the best way to go. J.B.

dewskit 20:08 25 Mar 06

Why not ask Symantec Support?
Open Norton and click on Help and Support (in top RH corner)

I have run Nlrton for several years without any real problems, but niggles have been swiftly dealt with and resolved

Tony

Dellman 23:53 25 Mar 06

How do you get to contact them regarding a problem? When I select support, it just offers either a library or a diagnostic tool.....what is their email address for support (I am not a business/enterprise)??

J B 11:51 26 Mar 06

I completely reset NAV to it's default settings and it seemed to clear the problem, time will tell. J.B.

Enoch 13:25 26 Mar 06

JB, when you wrote you reset NAV, did you mean you uninstalled then re-installed or did you just install OVER the existing NAV installation? I have been having your problem

Pine Man 15:53 26 Mar 06

Symantec have stopped giving email support for their products.

J B 17:37 26 Mar 06

In a word no, what I did was to phyically disconnect from the internet, then I unchecked everything within Norton, then reset using the default settings button.

J B 17:41 26 Mar 06

Pardon me I hit the wrong button. To continue, after resetting Norton to it's default settings I did a full reboot and touch wood everything is working as it should as far as I can tell. Hope this helps. J.B.

Dae 20:40 26 Mar 06

Re: "Symantec have stopped giving email support for their products", from Pine Man.

The Symantec web page shows email support being offered by clicking your way through Home and Home Office, Customer Support, Technical Issues, Solve it Myself, (Select Norton product), Contact, Email (free).

Pine Man 11:37 27 Mar 06

Dae

My advice re email support being discontinued was correct BUT based on the information provided on the UK Symantec web site. The information you provided came from the US web site but obviously if you used that site for an email query they would have no idea where that email came from. Well worth knowing for future use.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac