Norton auto protect keeps switching itself off

puma0377 15:34 27 Jun 04

I use aol broadband and have norton anti virus 2002 and norton keeps switching off the autoprotect, it doesnt do it all the time but when it does do it i cant get it to enable auto protect. If this is an issue tht cant be solved is it worth getting another av such as mcaffee or zone alarm? I didnt have this problem when i was on dial up using the free sygate firewall.

kev.Ifty 00:17 28 Jun 04

I have Norton 2004 and this happend to me when my wife set up her internet connetion in her Windows user account.(previously she would log on to my account "because it's easier)
I had to logon as her and then create a new account in Norton in my Windows log on name

this solved my problem
i hope this helps

hugh-265156 01:01 28 Jun 04

is it just the norton AV you have or NIS 02?

for NIS 02 click here or AV click here click here may help a bit maybe

ventanas 08:25 28 Jun 04

Got 30 copies of NAV 2004 here and this is happening about once a month to random machines. It just appears that Norton has not started up properly becaus a reboot always cures it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…