Norton Antivirus won't remain on

Philip Stokoe 22:43 13 Apr 05

My Norton Antivirus 2004 suddenly stopped working today, I can't switch it on from the windows security centre (I have Window XP Home) and the Windows Restore system has no restore points earlier than this crisis. I checked for viruses using the Symantec web site and the computer appears to be clear. I un-installed and re-installed the Norton antivirus but it still won't work. What do I do? I'm terrified of being without anti-virus software.

jimv7 22:52 13 Apr 05

Get rid of norton, download avg free from click here, install and update, after uninstalling norton.

bretsky 00:04 14 Apr 05

Virus signature Subscriptions up to date?

bretsky ;0)

THE TERMINATOR 00:26 14 Apr 05

Can you launch NAV from it's icon on the desktop? If you can, then you should be able to configure it to launch at startup.

Philip Stokoe 07:04 14 Apr 05

I have downloaded AVG as a temporary solution but, to answer the other questions: my virus signatures were up to date and I cannot launch NAV from its icon on the desktop nor from the programmes list; at least it will launch but then it terminates.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…