Norton Antivirus SP2 Faults

Edward_Winsall 19:06 04 Nov 04

Hi, I have just installed service pack two and the security centre. I have Norton Antivirus 2002 and want the security centre to be able to recognise it is there. There is no update on the website and i wondered if you could help?

Jackcoms 19:25 04 Nov 04

I'm running NAV 2002 and just today the necessary updates were available to enable SP2 Security Centre to recognise the status of NAV.

Try running Live Update.

JimButler 19:30 04 Nov 04

Yeah, I noticed that also. Security Centre reckoned I had no protection when in fact NAV2002 is running on my XP Home OS. My Laptop running McAfee AV software ( also XP Home ) is reported as protected by Sec Centre. Does it really matter tho if you`re happy you are protected ? Still, I suppose it would be nice to know why this is the case.

sortof 20:06 04 Nov 04

- I have done an extensive search in Google and it looks to me that you will not be able to allow SP2 firewall to recognise your version of NAV; just keep it updated yourself.
The HP site has some interesting advice in PDF format - search Google for "hp NAV2002 firewall" and go to the second result.

Jackcoms 20:07 04 Nov 04

Read my post above yours.

sortof 20:08 04 Nov 04

....OK - just seen Jackcoms response...

CHAIRLEG 22:57 04 Nov 04

Norton 2003 av.Had an update today and now in security centre it states.Norton av is up to date and virus scanning is on you now have anti virus that windoes can moniter.

CHAIRLEG 22:59 04 Nov 04

Sorry Windows.

Edward_Winsall 17:54 05 Nov 04

Thanks everybody. The updates were on today!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…