Norton Antivirus - problems

emm1 11:43 21 May 04

I have recently bought Norton Antivirus and Firewall 2004. Every since installing it we have had problems with the computer. It either does not load properly and we have to reboot it or it does not shut down properly, it also sometimes doesn't let us open software i.e. digital camera software. The computer also runs so slowly when it is installed.

I thought Norton was the best antivirus to use.

Can anyone please help with the problem

Thanks

Belatucadrus 12:47 21 May 04

Norton is good but very intrusive, it also appears to be very dependant on the installation routine running absolutely spot on. If it doesn't then it causes problems, as illustrated by the number of postings it generates in this forum. I would suggest that you uninstall it click here then reinstall, making sure you deactivate all other running software as it says in the instructions ( I know nobody ever usually bothers, but in this case it's worth trying ).
If that doesn't work remove it and deposit in nearest bin, replacing with avast! Anti Virus click here and Kerio Firewall click here or if you want a combined AV/Firewall EZarmor click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…