Norton Antivirus and Outlook

Ironside01 10:28 26 Feb 05

I was having trouble with my start page, in internet explorer, being changed from my preferred start page so I decided to instal Norton Antivirus/Internet Security.

The instalation went OK but during the setup it found a trojan virus and reported that it had deleted it. When I close the message box it just pops up again and again....

I can stop it poping up by using ctl alt delete and closing the programme there but once I have done that Outlook Express gives me an error message "The connection to the server has failed......Error Number 0x800cccoe.

If I reboot the computer the whole cycle starts again with the message that a virus has been deleted.

Any suggestions

VoG II 10:34 26 Feb 05

Try running a² click here to remove the trojan.

If the trojan is in a system restore point you will need to turn off system restore to get rid of it. click here Doing this will remove all of your restore points.

Ironside01 11:39 26 Feb 05

I just ran a2 and have turned off system restore but the problem still persists.

VoG II 11:41 26 Feb 05

Does Norton give a name for the trojan?

Ironside01 11:50 26 Feb 05

Trojan.StartPage

VoG II 11:56 26 Feb 05

Try the instructions click here

Ironside01 14:09 26 Feb 05

I managed to get as far as starting the computer in safe mode but Norton wont run in safe mode. I just get the message "Symantec Integration has encountered a problem and needs to close" It does run in normal mode.

Could it be that the Virus has been deleted but there is a problem with Norton's pop up alert?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…