Norton Antivirus not working

ATB 18:27 05 Aug 04

My antivirus program can no longer download live updates cannot uncompress? Pc also doing strange things like pointer not moving with mouse.
I know I have Spyware infections. but would this disable the live updates?.
Any advice much appreciated

Thanks in advance

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:44 05 Aug 04

some virus programs can disable certain antivirus programs.

Anti Spyware :-
Adaware click here
Spybot S&D click here
Spywareblaster click here

Anti Virus :-
Avast4 click here
Antivir click here
AVG antivirus click here

Individual virus removers:_
Bitdefender click here
Stinger click here
Microworld click here

Antivirus on line checks:-
Panda click here
Trend Online Check click here

Do an online check and see what it comes up with athen post back here.

ATB 12:50 08 Aug 04

Thanks Fruitbat

Did a Panda scan no infections found????

Spybot would not download

Decided to run restore discs and wipe every thing off but when tried to run restore software got dialogue box come up saying ERROR #96 THE IMAGE YOU ARE TRYING TO RESTORE IS NOT VALID ON THIS MACHINE.So cannot get any further than that close box and then pc locks up any suggestions ???

Cheers

livewire 12:56 08 Aug 04

When using LiveUpdate if you expand the item which failed to download by clciking the + button does it give any specific error codes?

palinka 16:54 08 Aug 04

ATB - Fruit Bat /\0/\ helped me with a similar problem last week. Going by my experience yes, spyware can disable live updates. I used several of the tools he listed; there were several infections in the computer I was working on and each seemed to need different treatment. Microworld did the final clearance.

palinka 16:56 08 Aug 04

Sorry, should have said - the infections I found prevented downloading anything, so I had to downlaod on another PC, save the disk and then run on the infected PC.

ATB 18:34 09 Aug 04

Hello all
The error Mesage I get is--UNABLE TO UNCOMPRESS UPDATE FILES,THE FILES SOMEHOW GOT CORRUPTED?
I have since cleaned my pc of all spyware but still canot get updates

Cheers

livewire 18:57 09 Aug 04

If the download fils are indeed corupted then you may need to empty your Download Folder

"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\LiveUpdate\Downloads"

If you navigate to that folder and delete its entire contents you should now be able to get the updates.

livewire 18:58 09 Aug 04

*files

bsurfer 19:34 09 Aug 04

I have a problem where NAV stops scanning at system 32 files, I downloaded microworld 10 mins ago and it did exactly the same thing at sys.32 files. Any answers?

barry the byte 21:35 09 Aug 04

Try uninstalling nav remember to delete from the registry. then reinstall this should sort out file problems. then go to nav updates .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…