Norton Antivirus Live Update not automatic

folaboss 18:00 20 Oct 05

My NAV 2005 has suddenly stopped running Live Update automatically. It used to work OK but now I have to remember to run it manually. Not sure when it started playing up - might have been after changing Broadband Modem to a Wireless Router - would this have affected any settings? Any other suggestions?

sunny staines 18:21 20 Oct 05

I would go reset it to check liveupdates at the default level again.

Lettervanman 19:59 20 Oct 05

Have a look in there at Symantec Live Update and Scheduled Tasks and see if it set to run.

folaboss 14:19 21 Oct 05

Thanks for the suggestion. Scheduled Tasks - Live Update is set for every four hours from 20.38 on 18/7/05 which is when I changed to a Router from a Speedtouch Broadband Modem. Could this instalaltion have set the Scheduled Task because I certainly didn't!!
If I disable it will Live Update now search for itself when I log on to the internet?

Lettervanman 15:04 21 Oct 05

I have checked mine and it is set for current date.You could reset it and see what happens.
I often do a manual update and it often finds things that have not happened automatically!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…