Norton Antivirus 2004 Trial

NICK ADSL UK 09:19 30 Aug 03

Norton Antivirus 2004 Trial

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW RELEASE COURTESY OF KUSH
Symantec Corp., the world leader in Internet security, have released Norton AntiVirus 2004 Trial Version, the newest version of the world's most trusted antivirus solution. Utilizing new, state-of-the-art technology, Norton AntiVirus 2004 will provide consumers with core protection against certain emerging non-virus threats such as spyware and keystroke logging programs. Scheduled for wide availability in early September, Norton AntiVirus 2004 will empower home and small office users to proactively ward off privacy and security breeches that are often caused by the presence of these non-virus threats.

click here

Kitz E Kat 09:27 30 Aug 03

However it is for sale only in the US and Canada, and not for sale in Europe yet.....
Once again we seem like the poor cousin, the Norton site in Eouope ( and the UK ) is still selling 2003 version with no mention of the 2004 version, whereas the US site is selling the 2004...

I guess they have a lot of 2003 boxes left, sell them to the stupid Europeans!!!!!

Oh and did they mention the XP style 'Actication' code..........

Kitz E Kat

STEVE71163 09:35 30 Aug 03

What does 2004 do that 2003 does not?

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:57 30 Aug 03

What does 2004 do that AVG does not? ;-))))

G

leo49 12:02 30 Aug 03

Lightens your wallet.

powerless 18:21 30 Aug 03

New features and system requirements for Norton AntiVirus 2004 and Norton AntiVirus Professional 2004

click here

Dabs have it - 2PQRWS click here- ££32.00

The Sack 21:03 30 Aug 03

Norton 2004 will require product activation just like XP does ( click here ) So Symantec can shove there scanner right where the sun doesnt shine. I dont mind paying for anything but i do not like being forced in to activating stuff. I only did it with XP cos there wasnt a viable alternative.

alcudia 21:18 30 Aug 03

Thanks for that. Looks like AdAware & Spywareblaster features are now included. I don't mind activation and will definitely buy it. Any news on a new version of the Firewall?

The Sack 21:30 30 Aug 03

If you intend buying one get AVG 7, it is less liable to crash your PC and it will deffo use less system resources up.

The Sack 21:34 30 Aug 03

Sorri see the activation bit was also mentioned up the thread, i promise to go to reading class's :-D

Kitz E Kat 23:36 30 Aug 03

i like to 'play' with my computer, hey its mine!!!! I do crazy things, crash it and reformat it, thats how i learn, am i gonna have to 'activate' the flippin thing every time i 'have a go' on my computer???

Sure they must be losing a fortune cos the CD is SO easy to copy, and use on multiple box's, and to be fair they have to make money, dont have a problem with that...

But this 'activation' thing wreks my head!!
Its like stuff you,, we tell you what you do, and if your nice we might reactivate YOUR software...

HELLO... yes MY SOFTWARE...i reserve the right to reload as many times as i like, i reserve the right to pull apart my puter as much as i like, and i reserve the right not to have to tell you why....

Sorry thats my rant....
Think im gonna have to get the hang of this Linux box... looks like im gonna be using it more and more......

A worried Kat ...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…