Norton antivirus 2004 help plz

Carm0 19:07 11 Sep 04

k ive got norton antivirus 2004 professional

When i try to install a game i get errors and the install fails it seems to request a scan of the files that are getting installed

if i disable auto protect it installs fine

ive never had this problem with 2002 or 2003 i could have auto protect on and install games with no problems

any 1 know if there is a setting u can stop norton 2004 from scannin installation files???

bremner 19:57 11 Sep 04

You will normally find that most program installs recommend turning off your anti virus before starting an installation - I think you may have found out why :)

With Norton just right click the icon in the System Tray and choose disable Auto protect.

Carm0 21:01 11 Sep 04

yeh i know it says that

but with norton 2003 + 2002 i could leave auto protect on and the same games installed fine

ventanas 21:22 11 Sep 04

Yes you could. But 2004 is more thorough. The professional version is more "annoying" than the standard. I run both on different pc's. The first time I installed SP2 on a machine running the prof version I forgot to turn it off. I didn't make that mistake again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…