Norton antivirus 2003

_clive_ 21:51 21 Dec 04

Anyone found theirs has stopped working?
My copy refuses to enable auto protect...checking on the Symantec website it says that no support is now given for this version.
Ok ok, it's not the latest but they had the bare faced cheek to take a years prescription from me in May last year.
If anyone has an email addy for the CEO i'd appreciate it...in the mean time does anyone have any suggestions on getting it running again?
Cheers
Clive

tornado3 21:59 21 Dec 04

mine stopped working 3 weeks ago. same problem as you. got rid of it and went on to avg.

_clive_ 22:01 21 Dec 04

Think i might do the same but i WANT my pound of flesh first!!!

JoeC 22:04 21 Dec 04

uninstalling and re-installing ( clear registry as well ) gets it working again. Symantec have / had a tool on their site - Rnav tool - to ensure complete removal.

As far as I am aware ( I just upgraded my NAV and NPF to Norton Internet Security ) Symantec won't support 2003 versions but will still give out updated AV signatures as long as you paid the sub.

Their view is that old versions don't give the same protection as the latest ones - they would say that though ?!?

tornado3 22:05 21 Dec 04

you wont be the first and you wont be the last!thats all i can tell you really but ya not alone. mine just went stupid couldnt get anything to work couldnt enable any thing.

GaT7 22:13 21 Dec 04

JoeC is correct. I've also had similar problems (NIS2003). Follow this uninstall, clean-up & reinstall advice: click here or click here or click here or click here. Good luck, G

Gaz 25 22:40 21 Dec 04

It was plain rubbish.

_clive_ 22:41 21 Dec 04

Thanks guys...just unistalled and reinstalled and it appears to be running ok :)
Just wish Symantec would think about their customers a bit more when they take their dosh...
Thanks again for taking the time to help, and a happy Christmas to you all.
Clive

steve0 22:48 21 Dec 04

I gave up on Norton when 2003 expired. Have used Avast (free) ever since. Works great.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…