Norton AntiVirus 2002

oursoulsdad 21:54 31 Aug 05

I am using NAV 2002 in Windows XP SP2. After my last subscription update, I got a message from Symantec saying that 2002 would not be supported, although I could subscribe to virus updates. The updates seem to be working but Norton System Works shows the last update as the date before my subscription.

Any idea if these virus updates are actually happening?

VoG II 22:00 31 Aug 05

Why pay? click here

To remove Norton first click here

oursoulsdad 22:07 31 Aug 05

thanks VoG. I have thought of changing in the past and my son certainly uses freebies. I am still a little reluctant - don't ask why - alright - as a buyer in a company, I just don't beleive you get anything for nothing.

Do you get adds popping up with the free product or is is simply running in the background?

VoG II 22:10 31 Aug 05

Runs quietly in the background. No ads. No prompts to buy the full version.

oursoulsdad 22:13 31 Aug 05

Looks good. Thanks for the info.

oursoulsdad 22:35 03 Sep 05

Seems that setting the Windows XP Security Centre virus protection to "On" solves the problem. I thought this was MS virus protection but it recognises I am using Norton (as I told it). Stupid really. Anyway - date of virus updates showing properly now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…