Norton Antiviris 2004

AndyFish 11:35 18 Aug 04

Due to unforseen circumstances last month I had to reinstall Windows XP on my system and lost quite a bit of information. I am trying to reinstall a genuine copy of Norton which was registered with them back in March but have unfortunatly lost the box which had the product code in. Have tried unsuccessfully via their website to contact them or find out about this particular problem, seems the bigger the company, the harder it is to speak to them directly. Obviously I doon't want to have to buy a another copy just yet. Anyone with an idea or had this problem in the past?

ventanas 12:17 18 Aug 04

The code is on the CD sleeve, not the box. So you should still have it.

AndyFish 12:47 18 Aug 04

Sorry I forgot to add that the sleeve is missing. It got lost in the mess of moving house:-(
I have the CD and nothing else.

astronomer2 13:02 18 Aug 04

Do you need the product code?

Norton Internet Security 2004 so screwed up my Win 98SE that I uninstalled it. Last week I upgraded to XP (upgrade not a clean install) and reinstalled NIS2004 (registered in June)without needing to key in the product code. Dont know why this happened, it just did. Now running fine including several months of live update.

AndyFish 13:18 18 Aug 04

Yes the code is what I am missing. Its the 20 or so digit code.As I formatted the hard drive it lost all previous stored information. As I was receiving live updates from Norton till next March I guess they must have some proof of my purchase.

astronomer2 15:53 18 Aug 04

Hmmm,pity. Makes sense tho' but why I was able to re-install is a mystery. I certainly wasnt asked for the code- which I had ready- and yet all the live updates down to Monday's Mydoom virus zapper are working fine. I dont see why they shouldn't have a facility to log-on pre-identified subscribers, as you say.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…