NORTON ANTI VIRUS UPGRADE ???

blackpat 20:19 21 May 05

Hi all, I upgraded my Norton internet security 2004 with a Norton 2005 anti virus upgrade. My subscription doesn't run out until 6th June 2005. They kept sending me warnings about the subscription coming to a end and then yesterday they wouldn't let me access live update, so I bought the antivirus upgrade from pc world (cheaper than norton on line) and installed it successfully. I thought it was all that was required. Now they still tell me I need to update norton internet security by the 6th of June or they will stop sending me updates. I thought I only needed to upgrade what was new since 2004. Anybody got any ideas ??.
Blackpat

Pine Man 20:28 21 May 05

Your best bet is to pay the subscription for NIS 2004 so you can get all the updates for the next year. There isn't much difference between 2004 and 2005 and most reports suggest it is not worth upgrading to 2005.

That leaves you with Norton AV which PCWorld will not take back BUT Symantec will!

If you look on their web site you will find an address in Ireland to send the disc to with your receipt and they will give you a full refund.

I've just done it with Norton Ghost and it took about three weeks.

citadel 20:30 21 May 05

I think norton internet securiy is a different product from norton anti virus although it contains norton av.

sunny staines 20:37 21 May 05

delete nav then reinstall nav2005

blackpat 07:45 22 May 05

Many thanks, Pineman, Citadel and Sunny Staines. Pineman I will send the av disc and receipt to symantec in Ireland.Citadel !! I think your right.Sunny Staines, I will do that.
Many thanks again,
blackpat.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…