Norton Anti Virus Renewal

pisteypete 10:31 01 Dec 05

I'm about to renew my Norton Antivirus 2002 subscription, but it now states there will no longer be any technical support for this level of protection. I also have adaware 6 and spybot loaded, but if I go for a norton upgrade to the 2006 version, there is a feature which detects and renmoves spyware and unwanted monitoring software. If I upgrade to Norton 2006, does this mean I won't need adaware and spybot anymore? Is Norton 2006 that good? Any advice would be helpful?

Thanks

Devil Fish 10:37 01 Dec 05

unlike Antivirus ad/spyware scanners will normaly co-exist on your pc quite happily

also with spyware scanners the companies that produce them have varying ideas as to what constitutes ad/spyware so its always worth having a couple of scanners on your system

961 10:58 01 Dec 05

I would always think about a new virus checker each year rather than renewing a 2002 job, the reason being that the products develop over the years with updated scanning etc, whereas by renewing subs I believe you only get new virus updates rather than improved methods

You can often get an "upgrade" offer from a competitor at a cheaper price

Many forum members don't rate Norton and believe you get improved functionality from Avast (Free) AVG (Free) or F-Secure (on cover disk free for 6 months)

ventanas 12:47 01 Dec 05

Don't bother at all, get this click here instead. Leaves Norton standing in the Virus Bulletin ratings, and half the price. In fact it leaves ALL the other AV's standing.

realist 12:54 01 Dec 05

If you only want to renew your Norton update service it's cheaper to uninstall/reinstall the program then you get another year's updates for free.

bretsky 13:46 01 Dec 05

As ventanas, though not for the the novice, I found a great site click here that gives you step-by-step instructions for the set up

You can download the free trial version which gives you 30 days of virus signature updates.

bretsky ;0)

Fred the flour grader 15:22 01 Dec 05

I was in the same quandry just a few months ago. I downloaded the free AVG software and it works great. My Norton was bang up to date when I replaced it, but AVG still found three viruses on my machine at it's first attempt.
I did have some diffuculty getting Norton off the machine and if you do decide to ditch it and have the same problem, re-install it then remove it. That's how I got rid of it in the end.

ventanas 16:29 01 Dec 05

Great link, I hadn't seen this before. I suppose like most, I took one look at the advanced options and went straight to the typical.

Info on how to fully remove Norton painlessly click here=

ventanas 16:31 01 Dec 05

Try again click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…