Norton Anti-virus Renewal

ajayw 22:13 29 Jul 03

Hi
I have renewed my subscription with Symantec over the net and by switch card in the last four days. Can you help explain why I am still getting a subscription expired. The renewal was done through the Norton's window that says your subscription has expired. I have also not recieved any form of acknowledgment from Symantec to say they have recieved the renewal. I am asking this question since I recently read an article in your magazine advising that there is a scam going on and I was wondering if I had subscribed to this scam.
Many thanks

Alan

comsuppwor 22:31 29 Jul 03

Sorry I don,t know ajayw,but please let us know the outcome as lots of us on this site use nortons.(Yes we do!)I know a lot use avg ?
and others,But I think Norton is most used on here
(Puts hands on mouth and bites tongue).

ajayw 22:41 29 Jul 03

Hi comsuppwor
Many thanks for your responce I will let you know how things go and if there is happy outcome

Hi, don't worry I doubt if you have been "scammed". I had a similar problem a year or so ago. When I checked my credit card account nothing had been deducted as the transaction had not been completed.

It all seems to reveolve around the way that you exit from the renewal application. I had closed it by clicking on the X in the corner and not used the exit button provided. Went through the renewal process again, exited properly and it was all ok.

Suggest that you check your bank account and, if nothing has been deducted, try again. If money has gone then there is no alternative but to contact Symantic.

mimo 21:56 30 Jul 03

hi ajayw.my pc came with norton 2002 internet security,with 6 months subscription.i was a little concerned about paying the fee ,and more importantly giving my details out over the internet.so i bought the 2003 upgrade which cost one penny less then the subscription fee ,and came with a year of free updates.nine months from now when my current subscription ends ill invest in the 2004 version.cheers.mimo

ajayw 22:03 30 Jul 03

Hi there, Many thanks for all youir responses. I have checked with the bank and there has been no money taken from my account so I have been out a bought Norton 2003 upgrade and have loaded it on tonight. So it seems that everyting is okay and ive not been scammed. Many, many thanks for all your help, take care and keep safe
Alan

comsuppwor 21:33 31 Jul 03

Yes ,good idea mimo,
If they are around same price I,d always go for the disk.
You have a hard copy then.Rick.

ajayw 21:56 31 Jul 03

Hi on disk to

Many thanks for your responce. Take care

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…