NORTON ANTI VIRUS LIVE UPDATES,NO CONNECTION

triflesterms 13:58 03 Jul 04

Hi yesterday i got broadband installed, since then i have been unable to connect for live updates in norton anti-virus,ive already tried unticking automatic updates & still i cant connect.
Also my dvd playsback with sound skipping,tried disconnecting from internet, still same,im using clipex free player, couldnt play in windows media,dont have decoder.
Should i be using a different player to fix?
or would it still be the same? it has worked perfect in the past with clipex

Hope someone can help

Steve

rawprawn 14:18 03 Jul 04

Check in the options of these programs you are having trouble with that the connection is shown as adsl and not modem.

triflesterms 14:26 03 Jul 04

Ive already done that, thats how i knew about unticking automatic updates, there wasnt anything else in options to do with connections etc.

rawprawn 14:52 03 Jul 04

What about your firewall, are they allowed access?

rawprawn 14:53 03 Jul 04

In fact try with your firewall disabled.

rawprawn 14:57 03 Jul 04

Go to network connections, right click on your bb connection(Check it's default) choose properties and make sure the box under the general tab "All devices call the same numbers" is ticked.

triflesterms 17:00 03 Jul 04

thats seem to of done the trick, thanks a lot, i still have the dvd problem with the sound.

rawprawn 10:30 04 Jul 04

Glad that's solved, sorry I don't know much about DVD's but I don't think that switching to broadband will be the cause. Have you looked in the Device Manager to see if it shows a problem.?

triflesterms 10:38 04 Jul 04

not yet, where do i find device manager?

rawprawn 13:18 04 Jul 04

If it's XP, go to Control Panel/System Tools/Computer Management/Device Manager is in the left column. When you click on it look at DVD/CD rom drives and make sure there isn't a yellow questionmark by it.

ayrmail 14:20 04 Jul 04

You will still have your old settings configured in live update, if you go to control panel then you should see liveupdate with opptions to configure your conection.
Or try online help since you now have BB it is quick.
click here&

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos