Norton Anti Virus---Live update

driving man 18:17 31 Oct 05

Am using XP home sev. Pack 2
When I clicoivedate it shows I need to download 2 Anti virus definitions with a total of 431.7 kb.
I down load and to be sure restart the PC, If I then look at live update again and check for updates it continually shows the 2 definitions as if the hadn't been actioned.
Any thoughts on the subject would be helpful

siteman 20:31 31 Oct 05

Driving man,
I had a similar problem a while back. It turned out that someone had changed the date setting on the pc. Antivirus kept thinking that my virus definitions were out of date as the didnt coincide with the date the pc was showing

Worth checking cos its a simple fix

Cheers
Colin

driving man 20:40 31 Oct 05

Colin First of all I apologise for the gobbledegook ---Its a result of typing on a wireless keyboard that has low batteries in the receiver
Thanks for the thought but the date and time is correct and did update at 2am Sun for clock resetting Just tried update again and it still says I need to download the 2 updates

Sans le Sou 20:47 31 Oct 05

Leave it till you get the next updates, sometimes it throws a wobbly and corrects itself later

driving man 20:57 31 Oct 05

Sans Le Sou---- your name strikes a chord in my wallet. Will do as you suggest and if it works will write a response before ticking it as solved
PS Moi, je n'avais pas un centime

Sans le Sou 22:15 31 Oct 05

All bloody euros now.

Sans le Sou 22:18 31 Oct 05

And that nice Black Jaques Chirac

driving man 14:36 01 Nov 05

bump

961 14:46 01 Nov 05

I found live update a total pain

For a start it is often days behind other virus checker updates

Then it gives the problems you refer to

Download manually daily if you must use Norton

Otherwise use Avast freebie and forget virus problems altogether

driving man 14:48 01 Nov 05

How nice of them

I have been in touch with Norton over my update problem and they kindly inform me that they do not support Antivirus 2003 anymore. This is great as they willingly and quickly ask me for a subscription every year to a product with no help. Quick resume _ I download an update and soon after live update says there is another update which turns out to be the same. This has happened more than 6 times with the same update. Have even closed machine down and rebooted but no luck

961 15:13 01 Nov 05

try Avast

It's free

It works

It's hassle free too

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…