Norton Anti Virus and Firewall subscriptions

timothywilliam 20:54 22 Sep 03

About 18 months ago I purchased from PC World two discs, one with Norton AntiVirus on it and the other Norton Firewall. I put the Anti Virus on immediately and the Firewall about six months later. I have received and paid a yearly subscription on the AntiVirus which works fine with regular updating, but on the Firewall I have a message the Subscription has expired. Clicking the Renew Now doesn't allow me to do so and I have searched all over their awful web site to find a way of paying the Firewall subscription for the next year. I have tried E-mailing them but didn't get a reply. The list of items related to Symantec on the AntiVirus does not mention Firewall. Can anyone tell me how I can pay this ? Sounds daft doesn't it ! I refuse to telephone their pay through the nose Technical Helpline.

Jester2K II 20:56 22 Sep 03

Ditch it and get Sygate Free - click here

Also consider Free AV too - click here

obbit 22:15 22 Sep 03

you could use zone alarm firewall also free and very popular with people on this forum

click here

look on the right hand side of their page for the free version

try AVG anti-virus also free.

click here

download the free version.
again very popular with people on this forum

nobrain 17:01 23 Sep 03

I paid om line for Norton Anti virus and couldnt put the code in to get it and spent hours trying till i called them ,i was waiting 20 mins for a reply so put phone down, next day called again only had to wait 15 mins this time! and she done it over the phone and gave me fire wall free, yes i would use a free one but not brave enough to uninstall Norton, and it works ok for me .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…