Norton Anti-virus and Firewall security

Skorp1on 23:04 29 Mar 04

Hi,
I'm new to these forums and I am in need of help. I have been using Windows 98 for the past five years, and recently purchased a new machine. It uses Windows XP pro, and is well equipped for running power hungry gaming software. Everything was running smoothly until I set up the Internet, along with Norton Internet Security. Now, (although the games I use are set to 'Permit access') I cannot run any of my games (BF1942, C&C Generals and IL-2 sturmovik FB) whilst the Firewall is activated. The games lock up, and have continued to do so more frequently since installation. For example, BF1942 now usually freezes the whole system (resulting in a manual shut down) after around twenty minutes of gameplay. Generals won't even get past the main menu, which means I am forced to disconnect from the Internet and deactivate all security in order to play any of my games.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, if you need more details I will happily oblige.

Thanks,
Skorp1on

johnnyrocker 23:33 29 Mar 04

you need to either configure norton correctly or find another av.

johnny.

GaT7 23:38 29 Mar 04

Skorp1on - Also ask Symantec directly how to rectify this problem - click here. If you haven't used their system before, click on 'start free online support' & follow the onscreen instructions. You'll finally be presented with a form to enter all the necessary system details & the body of your query, which you can, more or less, copy from above & paste into their form. From personal experience they usually reply within 1-2 working days.

Let's know how you get on...

Skorp1on 00:34 05 Apr 04

Thanks very much for your suggestions, sorry this post is so late, I have been VERY busy recently. When I have more time I will send Norton a message, but i'm still very busy as you can probably understand. If you are still interested in the outcome, I will post back here when it's resolved.

Thank you very much,
Skorp1on

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…