NORTON ANTI-VIRUS & FIREWALL 2003

al1234 11:27 17 Sep 04

After installing a clean install of Windows XP PRO with SP2 I’m trying to install NORTON ANTI-VIRUS & FIREWALL 2003, installs but is not working properly can any body help? IS THERE A PATCH FOR THIS PROBLEM

Sans le Sou 13:41 17 Sep 04

Norton issued a patch several weeks ago, I think it downloaded itself for existing users, only activates when SP2 is installed.

Al-Cat 13:45 17 Sep 04

Probably because Norton recognises that it is now well into the second half of 2004. Norton 2003 is now out of date, I have just bought ( off E-Bay)a copy of NIS 2004. However I guess that it won't be long until NIS 2005 is published.

George Smiley 14:31 17 Sep 04

Al-Cat: worrying. Surely it doesn't matter what version of the Norton product you have as long as you continue to subscribe to Symantec's update subscriptions? Isn't it only the interfaces that change with the new versions and also the fact that they bundle password managers, anti-spamware, etc with the basic product these days? I've installed way out of date Norton products on XP Pro SP2 OS machines and they've worked fine (immediately going online to have them updated of course).

al1234 - what exactly is the problem after installation of the Norton product? As S-le-S says there should be a patch for it. Hunting around Symantec's site sounds the best bet.

dilbar 15:13 17 Sep 04

If we renew our subscription, as Norton tell us we need to, can that be used on more than one PC /laptop and can anyone give me an idea how much it costs. Or is there a general concensus that it's better to buy a new version - we have antivirus and internet security and use broadband on 4 PC's over a wireless network.

Di

dilbar 15:13 17 Sep 04

If we renew our subscription, as Norton tell us we need to, can that be used on more than one PC /laptop and can anyone give me an idea how much it costs. Or is there a general concensus that it's better to buy a new version - we have antivirus and internet security and use broadband on 4 PC's over a wireless network.

Di

dilbar 15:14 17 Sep 04

Di

George Smiley 17:41 18 Sep 04

Symantec website says:

"...Buying subscriptions for multiple computers

If you have more than one computer with a Norton program installed, you must purchase an individual subscription for each computer that you want to protect.

Subscription licensing does not allow for the sharing of subscriptions between computers..."

I read this as saying that you can install the software on each PC, but subscriptions must be separate. Although they might not even allow that. Going to try it myself later.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…